Last Updated: March 31, 2016
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information under the following circumstances.
• If you download the App, create an account or enter a contest, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, or other personal information.
• We may use IP addresses and session identifiers to analyze trends, to administer the Services, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and market segments.
• We may also collect your geographic location, browser-type, operating system and other software or hardware information.
• We may use internal tools and third party applications and services (such as Google Analytics) to collect and analyze information.
• We may use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our App. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
• We will also collect any information that you provide to us if you enter a contest or correspond with us.
3. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
• To provide the Services.
• To personalize the Services and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To allow us to provide better customer service and respond to your customer service requests.
• To sell, promote or market other SmartCooks products and services to you or to sell, promote or market third party products and services to you.
• To administer a promotion, survey or Services feature.
• To respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
• To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding alleged or actual illegal activities, violations of the Terms, or as otherwise required by law.
• We may also share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
4. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
However, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
5. Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our App visitors and end users. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
We (and our third party service providers) may also use technologies such as beacons, scripts, tags and clear gifs. These technologies may be used to analyze trends, administer Services, track users across the Services, and gather demographic information about our user base on the whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual and aggregate basis.
6. How do I opt-out information collection?
You may opt out of information collection at any time by uninstalling the App or any other apps that we may offer from all of your devices, and/or by deactivating any account you may have created.
7. How do we safeguard your personal information?
SmartCooks follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use your personally identifiable information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems. IN THAT REGARD, SMARTCOOKS MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE SAFETY OR SECURITY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED IN OUR SYSTEMS OR TRANSMITTED USING OUR APP.
10. How do you ask questions and provide feedback?
11. Is my information transferred to other countries?
It is important to note that the App and Services are offered under United States law. However, we may transfer your information to other countries, which may have different data protections laws from the United States. By using the Services and/or providing us with your visitor information, you consent to this transfer.
12. How do you correct or update personal information?
You can correct or update your personal information by re-registering, updating your profile, or by contacting us by electronic-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a written request to:
13832 yerba santa ct, saratoga,CA -95070
However, we will maintain copies of your information to the extent retained as part of our standard backup/archive process. In addition, these procedures will not remove any of your information that you have provided to other users or third parties, or that has been collected from you by third parties linked from the App or Services.
13. How do we protect children’s privacy?
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world. The App and Services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, minors eighteen (18) years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of eighteen (18). No one under the age of eighteen (18) should submit any personal information to SmartCooks.